[MPlayer-dev-eng] Matroska demuxer, C++ sources

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Apr 11 18:32:53 CEST 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 05:41:15PM +0200, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Whether or not it is useful is another matter. I'd say it will be useful
> really soon. I already have working Matroska files, I can create them,
> and a first public release will be on or around May 1st.
>
> If I can include that demuxer I don't have to maintain a separate patch
> for it - it just makes my life easier. As soon as the C library is
> complete I'll replace the C++ demuxer with a C demuxer, but at the
> moment I don't have time to re-write that demuxer in C.

Hmm, sounds like we should hurry along then on MPCF... Do you have
time to write muxer/demuxer for it? :)) It should be much easier to
code than Matroska since Michael already wrote the pseudocode for
stream reading and since there isn't all the complicated EBML stuff.
AFAIK all the issues except the name have been worked out, so there's
no reason not to go ahead with implementation, at least as a test
phase to make sure it's good.

Rich