[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer G2

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Apr 16 03:38:25 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:21:47AM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't want to overcomplicate this. Maybe a simple struct like our
> > config_t now, usable to export any parameters from the libraries for
> > the UI. For the runtime configuration changes there will be a control()
> > function for each API.
>
> I found two projects on the net that deals with control calls:
> http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

I looked at the website briefly and it looks a lot more complicated
than necessary. MPlayer does NOT need more nonsense dependencies.
Using external codecs and useful stuff is one thing, but depending on
a lib because you can't code a simple working config-change system is
ridiculous.

> http://liboop.org/

The name of this one rules it out without even looking at the website.

Rich