[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Real rtsp:// support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Apr 18 01:40:39 CEST 2003

>What is the differense between your implementation and the
>rtsp from http://www.live.com/mplayer ?
>what happens if both are enabled?(extension?)

I checked this just now, and things work OK.  Roberto's new code checks for
"rtsp://" URLs that end with ".rm" (maybe it should also check for ".ra"?),
and continues to run the regular RTSP code (using the LIVE.COM libraries,
if enabled) otherwise.

Thanks to Roberto for doing this.  I had been considering adding the Real
hack to the LIVE.COM libraries, but had held off on doing this for fear of
being bitch-slapped by RealNetworks' lawyers :-)  (Someday I might still
end up doing this, but clearly that's less important now (at least as far
as MPlayer is concerned).)

         Ross.