[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: FB output

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Apr 21 04:41:02 CEST 2003

Hi

On Monday 21 April 2003 01:30, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 04:20:57PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
> > D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:
> > > Not only STFW, also UTFC (update the fine CVS)!! -vo fbdev works again
> > > as of yesterday, although it's very slow and far from optimal.
> >
> > Hum. Well I got it working with -vf scale=x:y where x:y are exactly 2x my
> > screen resolution. Any other scale factor and it's too slow.
> >
> > So if fbdev is very slow what other modes might be faster? Is svgalib
> > faster? As far as I know the card doesn't have any relevant acceleration
> > so I think the thinnest most direct way to address the frame buffer would
> > be the fastest. That's why I was looking for a fbdev or svgalib solution.
>
> The reason it's slow is that direct rendering is not supported, and
> someone (Michael?) went and broke the yuv->rgb converter in vo_fbdev.
the yuv->rgb converter used some globals which is IMHO bad, so i fixed that
and to use it now u simply use the swscaler, i didnt "fix" all VOs by
converting them to the swscaler as
1. its bad, the conversion should be done in the core not copied into each vo
2. i dont use most VOs so i cant test them
so u can either implement dr / slices or just use the swscaler directly

[...]
--
Michael
screen[y][x] ^= cursor[cy][cx];			(violates patent #4,197,590)