[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cygwin inttypes

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Apr 28 11:52:18 CEST 2003

Sascha Sommer wrote:
>>Diego Biurrun writes:
>>The best solution would of course be adding inttypes.h to Cygwin and
>>lo and behold that is what I did.  It's amazing what you can
>>accomplish just by asking nicely.  I'll remove etc/cygwin_inttypes.h
>>once a new Cygwin release is out.
>
> No, please don't delete it. I think updating the docs is enough.
> Some people might still want to use older cygwin releases without having to
> get inttypes from somewhere else.

Are old Cygwin releases really in use?  All the people who use them
probably already copied our cygwin_inttypes.h over to /usr/include/, the
others will find a note like upgrade to version XXX in the docs.  I
don't think this is worse than messing around with system includes.  You
have a point, we should support older Cygwin releases for some time, but
I think cygwin_inttypes.h should be removed eventually at some point in
the future, maybe half a year or a year.

Diego