[MPlayer-dev-eng] Seek change notification for vf plugins

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Dec 1 05:25:04 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 01:01:23PM +0100, Grzegorz Borowiak wrote:
> I'm new to MPlayer hacking.
>
> I'm about to write a vf plugin for MPlayer, which needs to be notified
> when user seeks a movie manually. If MPlayer engine does not send such
> notification, information of number of each will do as well - I can
> compare this index with previous one and detect seek changes that way.
>
> Could you help me, please?

Are you sure it really _needs_ to know? There are already quite a few
filters which should know, but they get by ok just generating a few
bogus frames after a seek. I agree it should be possible for filters
to detect this, but it's not possible in G1 as far as I can tell.

MPlayer G2 corrects this problem and lots of other brain damage in the
video filter system.

Rich