[MPlayer-dev-eng] NOVIRUS libavformat support

Noort Jan Michiel Van n.j.m.van at astro.uio.no
Tue Dec 2 21:03:41 CET 2003

My sincere apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

I heard some requests for libavformat support for mencoder to record to
other than avi formats, but not much in terms of an answer. So.... As I
was in need of that functionality myself, I wrote a "quick and dirty"
addition to mencoder which, at least for me, works for DVD-style mpeg
formats (VOB) and quicktime (MOV)... It doesn't report the correct
bit-rates and number of audio channels and it crashes for some formats
(such as avi ;-), but I guess it's a start...

Maybe it's useful, maybe it's not... You decide...

http://www.mymhome.net/mplayer/MPlayer-20031125-lavf.tar.bz2

usage: -of lavf -o <filename.ext>
format is deduced from the extention (by libavformat)

Cheers,

   michiel