[MPlayer-dev-eng] rgselk's .rm patch

rgselk rgselknospam at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 21:15:14 CET 2003

--- Nico <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:
> rgselk wrote:
> > I guess your .rm file is the result of mplayer
> >-dumpstream? At least that is the reason why the first patch put
> >keyframe markers in the dumped stream...

> yes, it's a dump.
> I also used -idx and -forceidx, but I couldn't seek anyway.
> How can I do?

Once you have dumped it without keyframe tags it is too late for me to
find the keyframes :-(
The first part of the patch finds keyframes in the rtsp stream and sets
the right tag (0x02).

Try to dump the stream again with my patch applied and try -idx on the
resulting dump. Without tags I cannot build an index and you cannot
seek...

If someone knows how to reliably detect a new keyframe without the
keyframe tag being available, I would like to know.
And trying to seek to a non-key frame results in 'funny' noise...

Regards,
  rgselk.