[MPlayer-dev-eng] New inverse-telecine filter

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Dec 6 20:57:06 CET 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 04:02:15PM -0600, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:

> > > But then how come x11 and xv works?  Did you try x11 and xv?
> >
> > I tried x11 now, and it gives the same problem. Would you like pics?
>
> Yes, it can help if you can upload a sample, and tell me which frame
> in the source it is from.  I assume you have that on every MPEG2
> source, right?

http://brightrain.aerifal.cx/~dalias/video_examples/zoli/pngs/

They come from lain-op-hardlaceboy.avi, starting at the beginning. I
think the error should be clearly visible...

> > BTW have you actually tried your non-MMX2 code?
>
> Yes, there is a command-line argument to disable mmx2 even on MMX
> machines, and I periodically run -vo md5 to make sure the MMX2 and C
> versions match, but it is true that I mostly use the MMX2 code.  Why,
> you suspect that the C version is wrong?  What CPU you have?

No, no particular reason to suspect it's wrong, except that I'm using
the C version and I assume you mostly use the MMX2 version. I have a
K6-3 and BTW I would very much appreciate MMX1 or 3DNOW support
instead of MMX2... :)

Rich