[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cache trouble with MacOSX / Darwin

Romain Dolbeau dolbeaur at club-internet.fr
Tue Dec 23 16:17:16 CET 2003

Hello,

I've found a problem with the mplayer cache (option -cache) on MacOSX.
Enabling the cache would cause a lock-up, which is a serious problem
with my slow laptop hard-drive.

I've tracked down the problem to the "usec_sleep()" calls in
"libmpdemux/cache2.c". It seems that the mach-specific implementation of
"usec_sleep()" in "osdep/timer-darwin.c" is the culprit : replacing the
whole code by good old "usleep()" solve the problem for me.

The funny thing is I can't see anything wrong with the code...

Is there anyone proficient on the subject before I submit a patch to
replace "usec_sleep()" ?

--
Romain Dolbeau