[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Common Opensource codec API

Marco Gaddoni mgaddoni at h-europa.com
Sun Dec 28 16:10:31 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 10:09, ChristianHJW wrote:

> You guys always want to keep things extremely simple and performant, and
> i have no idea why that is.

> Again the same conflict. In your 'boneheaded' concentration on
> simplicity and performance, you are prefering to have an API that cant
> deal with some special filters.

mmm ...  a programmer not striving for simplicity ....
I fear your code.
I am unsatisfied with ogm and wanted to give a try
to the mkv thing but now i am thinking again.
(Has anyone tryed quicktime .mov or mp4 ?)
I humbly suggest you (and every other programmer
that has not yet done) to read

The Practice of Programming
by Brian W. Kernighan (Author), Rob Pike (Author)
ISBN: 020161586X

well worth the price.

--
This is not a .sig. With homage to Magritte.