[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Common Opensource codec API

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sun Dec 28 21:37:52 CET 2003

* Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> [2003-12-28 17:27:52 +0100]:

<snip>
> So, if you have enough money to spend on top PC, i'd
> like to ask you to buy a cheaper one and send me the
> saved money so i can buy me a new laptop
Let's found up an "attila-foundation" for sponsoring you a new laptop ;-)
(Well, I personally could ask my suppliers for a good offer, since I'm
also trading w/ hardware ... ;-) )

Hmm, perhaps we could think about project funding in more general ways.
Some of my customers already asked my for doing quite a lot of work on
OSS-projects, but at the end it was too expensive for only one customer.

So such an 'open' funding for opensource projects could be interesting:
Many people may offer donation for a specific job. And if there's enough
money in the pot, someone will do the job and getting the money.
We also have some experiences with this in some medical forums.

Okay, it gets off-topic, so i'll stop here for now :)

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481