[MPlayer-dev-eng] deterministic builds

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Dec 29 11:25:31 CET 2003

On Friday, 26 December 2003 at 14:17, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Joey Parrish <joey at nicewarrior.org> [2003-12-24 15:17:52 -0600]:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:08:47PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > > How ?
> > > Does it use ldd ? Well, thats not reliable enought for me.
> >
> > Why not?  ldd isn't going to lie to you!
>
> I dont think that its the right idea to let the computer do something
> and after then try to find out, what it has done.
>
> Better to say in short words, what we want to have and then let
> the computer let do all the work.

This is autodetection. I don't see what you're harping at. What RPM does
is something like this:
ld: tell me what libraries this thing is linked against
put that information into package headers along with any
packager-specified deps

> At this point a clear design from ground up is better than patchwork.

I still can't see the benefits of your approach, sorry.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html