[MPlayer-dev-eng] waiting for PATCHes:

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Feb 3 20:40:06 CET 2003

Hello,

> > imho
> > 1. try to get exact csp match, if fails:
> > NEW: 2. if codec outputs to RGB8/BGR8, then insert -vop palette, try 1. again
> > 3. try -vop scale
> > 4. try -vop lavc
> >
> > ie insert 'palette' before scale, because it may be required (palette can't
> > output in yuv formats etc).

I see.  That makes sense.  I'll try it out and test it as much as
possible.

> But it *should* be able to. Converting rgb8+palette to yuv is super
> fast since you only have to convert the palette, so it should be
> supported.

I will make a cumulative patch to do this if I have time.  However, I
will first have to learn how a YUV colorspace works, so it may not be
ready by 0.90.  Also, it may be a good idea to wait until after 0.90 for
this, since it will require much testing.

--Joey