[MPlayer-dev-eng] None

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 6 13:54:27 CET 2003

Hi,

> Problem is that for mpeg2 files the d_video->pts isn't increasing but
> jumping around. e.g. if I display d_video->pts when playing an mpeg2 file it
> goes like 15.00-> 15.20-> 0.0 -> 15.40 -> 15.60 ->0.0 ....
>
> Any workaround for this?

ignore it if it's 0

it contains timestamps ONLY where the input stream do.
btw with CVS mplayer you should use d_video->pts2

> 2. demux_control()
> I use this for displaying the total movie/song length and for seeking in the
> file. However for many formats it doesn't return the correct total time.
> I found it to be wrong for:
> - mpeg files
> - mp3 files(VBR)
> - divx files(VBR)
> - ogm files

no wonder. no way to get correct values for VBR files...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino