[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: container format

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 6 18:54:08 CET 2003

Hi,

> > I think it may be done with one additional bit - integer framerate and
> > optional divider (if flag is 0 then 1.0 and otherwise 1.001 - see MPEG
> > standard) so you can have these 29.97 as 30/1.001 and the same 23.976
> > as 24/1.001. :)
>
> Why not spend 3 more bytes so you'll get a complete int for the
> dividend? So you'd save (30000, 1001) AND you could also specifiy any
> other fps you'd want...

i vote for v/v, so it could be VLC-like coded.

btw i would add one entry to the goals:
- eaisly readable/editable in HEX editor/viwer
yes it look stsupid but it isn't :)

the only thing it expects to avoid variable length bitfields, like:
        lsb_timestamp                           u(lsb_timestamp_length)
        stream_id                               u(log2_stream_count)
        priority                                u(2)

i think that 'v' type is far enough for the stream_id.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino