[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF Draft/Discussion (MPlayer ContainerFormat)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 7 17:22:26 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:42:17AM +0000, michael c wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I must say, I think I agree with Fabien that the file format should not
> close the door on advanced features. The only thing that should be kept in
> mind is that those features should not make everything
> over-complicated.

Yes we should when the features are lame and make things
difficult/nonsensical for the decoder. This format is supposed to be
a SIMPLE way to properly store muxed audio+video+text with a single
linear time progression, not all sorts of idiotic navigation crap,
still pictures, multiple streams that start at different time
positions, and other crap that overcomplicates the player app!!

Can we end this nonsense thread now and get back to fixing real issues
in the spec rather than adding stupid features to appease lusers?

Rich