[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF Draft/Discussion (MPlayer Container

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 7 19:53:59 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:47:39PM +0100, Robert R. Wal wrote:
> On 03.02.07 D Richard Felker III pressed the following keys:
>
> > a spinoff of something else to begin with. COOLA is nice because it
> > sounds kinda "el1te" and might actually get the "scene" people using
> > it...
>
> These are exactly my arguments against it ;)

You'd rather keep getting avi files with lousy 128kbit cbr mp3 audio,
or unseekable ogm files?? :(

Even if you don't care about these, I think it's useful to get mpcf
widely accepted before mcf/matroska are deployed. Otherwise we're
going to have to implement support for that crap in mplayer once
people start using it..... :( If we kill it with a better alternative
before it's even in use, everyone might just forget about it and then
we can avoid that painful work.

Rich