[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF Draft/Discussion (MPlayer ContainerFormat)

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Feb 7 21:29:56 CET 2003

On 03.02.07 Michael Niedermayer pressed the following keys:

> nice, i didnt know that avi/wav is based on that

There was also great reading about whole design process, rationale and
principles behind the IFF in Amiga RKRM. Saddly this SDK is still (long
after platform's death) proprietary, but if you want, the chapter about
IFF is available from:

http://reptile.eu.org/iff.txt

(this is simple marked-up text format)

> sadly we cant use iff, it would have been cool to use such a old format :)
> 1. 32bit limit (4gb max ...)

I never suggested it because of this 32bit short-sightedness.

Frankly, I believe that one way or another, most of the formats for files
and values that today replaced 32 with 64 or 128 bits will be obsolete
because of this faster then we think. That's why I like vlc aproach.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35