[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90-rc4 tomorrow? patches?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Feb 7 22:29:29 CET 2003

Hi,

Ok i've done with my patch queue, only a few left:

dga-warn.diff - warning fix in vo_dga - Alex promised to check & commit this
mplayer-0.90rc3-fixfbdev.patch - bogus hack for fbdev tty reopening or sth??
  - waiting for better (acceptable) fix
mplayer-help_options.diff - big patch of subconfig helps
  - needs decision - mayeb we could apply it on 0.90tree (after rc4 fork) only

any patches i lost?

any objections against releasing rc4 tomorrow (or maybe sunday)?

my idea/plans after rc4:
fork cvs. copy 'main' to '0_90', then:
in 'main' module:
- add note that it's development/unstable version
- maybe remove DOCS, afair it was planned to be reorganized and XMLized?
- start some code structure cleanup, renaming linux->osdep and so on
- maybe apply some feature patches refused/delayed recently
in '0_90' module/branch:
- allow only docs updates and really critical/trivial bugfixes
- add note in patches.txt that it may be outdated and check the cvs version
  before sending patches (for teh case if we switch from ML to some tracker
  or if patch sending rules change because of maintainer change...)
- after 1-2 weeks release as 0.90 final
- keep this tree for bugfix releases until main/devel tree is stabilizing again

what do you think?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino