[MPlayer-dev-eng] packaging cygwin mplayer

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Feb 10 08:40:52 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:33:11AM +0100, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Joey, what switches are needed to compile mplayer with mingw use ?

I'm compiling MPlayer with cygwin.  The cygwin dll is still needed.
I can produce a list of the source files that don't compile without it
(what needs to be ported to mingw) but I that's not what I'm talking
about right now for packaging this.  If you want, let's start another
thread for native mingw discussion.

If that's not what you meant, I just borrowed the LoadLibraryA code from
vd_realaud.c and put it in ad_realaud.c, and I also make a call to
SetEnvironmentVariable() to set the value of PATH to the location of my
real DLLs.  This is needed because otherwise, the loader can't find
them.  I'll update the folder on my webserver with new patches soon.

If neither of these is what you meant, I'm sorry.  You'll have to
clarify.  :)

Thanks,
--Joey