[MPlayer-dev-eng] NFS client optimised for Video!

Roche_John1 at emc.com Roche_John1 at emc.com
Mon Feb 10 16:35:50 CET 2003

Guys,
        thanks for the positive feedback.

About the project - its my master Degree project that I have to begin
implementing, good
on a home/work network but ideally in broadband homes.

It's designed to provide access to TV quality programmes across the
internet.

When a program begins I want to use small blocks because there could/ will
probably be a considerable delay for a large block
across the internet which would mean that I would take a while between the
user selecting a programme and
the programme being displayed.

while MPlayer is playing this block I can afford to increase the block size
and it should have arrived before
Mplayer needs it.

This would occur when a user selects a new program for playback or when they
hit a seek in
an already playing programme.

Don't want to sound like a complete dweeb BUT
where can I get the Linux source.  I have SuSe 8.0 installed.

Thanx
John