[MPlayer-dev-eng] Anybody has problems with subcp in RC3 and RC4?

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Mon Feb 10 17:59:14 CET 2003

On 03.02.10 Aleksander Adamowski pressed the following keys:

> I've had no luck testing that with CVS versions between RC3 and RC4 (no CVS
> checkout would compile on my Mandrake 9.0 machine), but I've checked in RC4
> and the problem is still there.
>
> In RC2 subcp option worked fine for me and I had subcp=WINDOWS-1250 in
> ~/.mplayer/config.
>
> In RC3 and RC4 it is broken - the characters are translated improperly, if a
> subfile encoded in windows 1250 has DOS-style CR/LF end of line characters.
> Instead of polish diacritical characters I get garbage chars.

I solved this once and for all by using arialuni.ttf (this is unicode
font) as my subfont.ttf, and putting following lines in my config:

subcp                   = cp1250
font                    = ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf
subfont-encoding        = unicode

Robert

PS. Doesn't it belong to mplayer-users?

--