[MPlayer-dev-eng] [THANKS]

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Feb 10 23:32:46 CET 2003

I just wanted to say thank you to the main development team of MPlayer.

If you had not caved in and eventually accepted my first patch
(adding vo_gif89a) then I probably would have gotten discouraged and
never gotten so interested in video software.  I probably never would
have started thinking about cygwin or mingw ports, and I never would
have gotten involved in the work I'm doing now.  And since the word is
out in my town that I'm patching/packaging an awesome and fully-featured
video player for windows users that could (eventually) replace Windows
Media Player, RealPlayer, and Quicktime, suddenly everybody I know wants
to buy me dinner.  :D  I haven't had to pay for any of the food I've
eaten today, which is especially wonderful for a broke college student.

And to be completely serious, working on MPlayer has been one of the
most rewarding projects I've ever taken part in.  I'm very excited about
the future of MPlayer and I think that everyone who got it where it is
today deserves a big round of applause.  Thanks guys.

--Joey