[MPlayer-dev-eng] vf.c & PEREFER_ALIGNED_STRIDE

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 11 21:33:43 CET 2003

Hi,

> Arpi said:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> I was browsing the source of mplayer to understand what and how the vo
> >> system works.
> >> Well this peace of code amaze me. I cannot understand what it does. In
> >> fact i cannot understand why it does that it does. Well sounds
> >> confusing.
> >
> > Why?
> > It's quite easy:
> >
> > if the codec/filter wants aligned stride, then we ask the next filter/vo
> > if it supports stride!=width (ACCEPT_STRIDE) and if yes, then adjust
> > stride to be macroblock aligned.
> But we DO NOT change the stride! We change the width.
> That is what i cannot understand!

stride is calculated from width ~20 lines bellow in that func when
doing memalign() allocation.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino