[MPlayer-dev-eng] demux_GIF prob? Fwd: [MPlayer-users] a problemand a questi

michael c mrcole20 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:13:02 CET 2003

Joey Parrish wrote:
>Hrm.  This is very odd.  When I added that little change to demux_gif,
>I checked a really old version of giflib to make sure it didn't need to
>be inside of #ifdef HAVE_GIF_4 or something.  Maybe I made a mistake.
>If this user can be found, can someone ask for the version number of
>their gif library?  Also, their distribution would help a lot too, as
>many distros patch this library.

I have the exact same problem (didn't need mplayer to play gifs though, so i
disabled it and it compiles that way). I'm using debian testing, which has
the following versions of the gif libs installed:

giflib3g 3.0-6
libungif4g 4.1.0b1-3

running "apt-get install giflib4g" causes libungif4g to be installed.

Hope that helps.

mike