[mplayer-dev-eng] Re: install localized manpages +

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Feb 15 00:12:36 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:29:44PM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > > Actually they do.
> > Gabu, that was a stupid statement, since you don't have an account on
> > my system to check. And what I said is exactly correct:
> Please Richard, I believe you believe what you believe is the truth.
> (nice sentence eh?:)
>
> And in 99% of the cases our opinions agree. But localized _were and are_
> installed in /usr/man/LANG since ages.

Arrg, I am not contesting that!! However, they are not installed here
(or anywhere) on my system. Perhaps it's a side effect of
--disable-nls, although I'm nearly sure I've forgotten that with at
least one or two localized packages....

> So can we finally end this LAME discussion and somebody implement
> this into the Makefile??? I couldn't install MPlayer since a week...
>
> (yes I'm lazy to patch even one line;)

I'll be happy to implement installation of the correct man page based
on --language=foo. BTW, does mplayer even support runtime language
selection? If not, there seems to be no point in installing any manual
but the one for the selected language...

BTW, if you could point me to a localized package with multiple
translated man pages, I'd be happy to read its scripts and figure out
why it installs them for everyone but myself, so that mplayer can do
the same.

Rich