[MPlayer-dev-eng] XML docs

Nico n at tourmentine.com
Sat Feb 15 12:43:02 CET 2003

> BTW: is the HTML->XML conversion at least 70% automatic? Else I'll wither
> out and die..

automatic HTML->XML conversion doesn't make sense. many XML tags doesn't exist
in HTML. of course we can make a script or do an automatic search&replace on
some tags, but at the end we'll have to review the whole doc anyway (to fix
the remaining tags), so does it really worth it?

yes, conversion is a huge work (in fact a lot of cut&paste between HTML and
XML), but we'll have to do it only once. plus, XML is a base not only to
generate HTML, but many others docs formats (TXT, PS, PDF, etc).