[MPlayer-dev-eng] XML docs

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Sat Feb 15 17:31:55 CET 2003

Am Sam, 2003-02-15 um 13.09 schrieb Gabucino:

> Remember when SGML subdir was added to DOCS? It happened when I found a nice
> HTML->SGML tool. Of course it needs review, but it does nearly all the
> tedious work.

Gabu, this is impossible as I explained ages ago in several mails for
one simple reason:
HTML marks up style while DocBook (not SGML, HTML *is* SGML, too) marks
up types. So if you found a tool which does such a conversion it's more
or less worthless because it'll probably replace stylistic tags by ones
resembling the same style in some stylesheet.

BTW: Since XML is a subset of SGML you can reuse the SGML code by
imposing a few restrictions.

> > the remaining tags), so does it really worth it?
> For me, yes.

I'm glad people have too much time and fuss around with the conversion
while the whole thing is in progress instead of waiting for the promised
freeze so I don't have to squeeze much time out of my very tight
schedule in case it'll ever happen.

--
Servus,
       Daniel