[mplayer-dev-eng] install localized manpages +

Tobias Diedrich td at sim.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 18 15:49:58 CET 2003

Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:

> This is the standard way, the way to go. If you don't like that, set your
> LINUGAS to empty, and you'll be fine. Or remove those installed directories.

Default case for users is "I want my Lanugage to be installed or english
if its not available" IMHO. Let this be overrideable by configure
--language="ab bc de fg_FG fg_GF" and --language=all and everyone should
be happy. :-)

Having to set an environment variable for one program just sucks IMHO.
Of course if LINGUAS is set that should probably honored if --language
was not used.

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits