[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Feb 20 16:59:15 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:57:36PM +0100, Gansser, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried mplayer-0.90.rc4 on hpux 11.00, it compiles, but I can't play DVD's
> direct form DVD-ROM.

It is probably the upgrade of libmpdvdkit2.  I suspect that some old
portability fixes from mplayer's libdvdread, etc., never made it into
the official sources which were then synced back into mplayer.  I've
found that mpdvdkit2 is now behaving the same way on cygwin that it did
a long time ago before I debugged it and sent a patch.  I'm going to go
through the cvslog soon and find my old patches and find out how much of
them need to be reapplied.  And this time, I'm forwarding copies to
libdvdread folks as well.  I don't want this to happen each and every
time we upgrade mpdvdkit2.  Can you help out in a similar way on hpux?
Dig up the old patches that got it working with the last version and see
how much needs to be done to them?  If you don't want to do all this,
I will do it if I can have a shell account on an hpux box with access to
the dvd device.

Thanks,
--Joey