[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Fri Feb 21 16:21:42 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:37:57AM +0100, Gansser, Martin wrote:
> I used the current CVS Snapshot from Friday 21th, is this ok ?
> from http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/cvs/MPlayer-20030221.tar.bz2

It should be.  I can't think of a reason why it would not be.

> but the compilation fails with:

However, it seems to fail.  Sad.  I don't know what to say, I would need
to poke at it myself.

The second issue, though...
> dvdauth.c:27:2: warning: #warning FIXME: Dynamic loading of libcss.so with newer (ver>0.1) libcss AP
> I is not supported in this version!
> dvdauth.c:159:2: warning: #warning translating pathname to iso9660 LBA is not supported on this platform

Okay, these I can help with.  You appear to have libcss dynamic lib
installed somewhere.  If it is an older (or radically newer?  is that
possible?) version that MPlayer does not support, then you are likely to
see the messages you are seeing.  I suggest either removing libcss if
you don't need it, or disabling it at configure time if you do need it.
Try ./configure --disable-css

> dvdauth.c: In function `reset_agids':
> dvdauth.c:191: `dvd_authinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dvdauth.c:191: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> dvdauth.c:191: for each function it appears in.)
> dvdauth.c:191: parse error before "ai"
> dvdauth.c:194: `ai' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dvdauth.c:195: `DVD_INVALIDATE_AGID' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dvdauth.c:197: `DVD_AUTH' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dvdauth.c: In function `dvd_load_css_so':
> dvdauth.c:209: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> gmake[1]: *** [dvdauth.o] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/users/mgansser/GNU/MPlayer-0.90rc4/libmpdemux'
> gmake: *** [libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a] Error 2
> mzfem_root:/users/mgansser/GNU/MPlayer-0.90rc4 #

> Is it ok, that I send the Email direct to you?

I don't mind, but don't CC me if it goes to the list, because I'm
subscribed to the list as well.  Otherwise, private mail is not
a problem.

Another suggestion I have is to checkout a fresh CVS source and make
sure things like libmpdvdkit2/ are there.  I've heard about there being
occassional issues with the daily tarballs being out-of-date or
incomplete.  I can't say that this is what you experienced with the
first problem you listed, but I'm making a guess that a CVS checkout
might help.  All I use is CVS sources, and I've never had problems.

--Joey