[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Feb 22 07:24:16 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 04:54:12PM +0100, Gansser, Martin wrote:
> > However, it seems to fail.  Sad.  I don't know what to say, I
> > would need to poke at it myself.
> >
> > The second issue, though...
> > > dvdauth.c:27:2: warning: #warning FIXME: Dynamic loading of
> > libcss.so with newer (ver>0.1) libcss AP
> > > I is not supported in this version!
> > > dvdauth.c:159:2: warning: #warning translating pathname to
> > iso9660 LBA is not supported on this platform
> >
> > Okay, these I can help with.  You appear to have libcss dynamic lib
> > installed somewhere.  If it is an older (or radically newer?  is that
> > possible?)
>
> yes libcss-1.2.5 is installed

You should use libcss with the "old" API. However this while stuff is
outdated. I wrote that part, and it's only a "play a selected VOB
file directly from the disk while auth/decrypt the needed stuff" thing,
but basically it's only can play a selected file. However, MPlayer nowdays
has got libmpdvdkit, which use libdvdread, and it's more advanced.
You should use that!!
--
- Gábor (larta'H)