{VIRUS?} AW: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sat Feb 22 19:14:53 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 10:22:59AM +0100, Gansser, Martin wrote:
> 1. that means, if I compile MPlayer w/o --with-csslibdir=DIR and
> --enable-dvdread, that MPlayer compiles the library libmpdvdkit2
> (libdvdread for reading and libdvdcss for decrypting dvd`s). ?

No, it means that if you use --with-csslibdir=DIR then you will have
support for playing vobs directly, and then this is dependant on which
version of libcss is installed.  I recommend not using libcss.

If you use --enable-dvdread, it will look for an official libdvdread
installed as a library on your system and use that /instead/ of
libmpdvdkit2.  If you use no flags at all, then libmpdvdkit2 will be
used by default.  This is what you should do.

> 2. if the compilation procedure has finished, a library with the name
> libmpdvdkit.a is created, which contains libdvdcss and libdvdread, is
> this correct ?  With this new library I can access encrypted DVD`s ?

Correct, but this library will only be used within mplayer.  It is not
something you should install by itself.

> 3. I compiled MPlayer with the flag --enable-debug
> Is it necesary to pass a level e.q. --enable-debug=3

No, not as far as I know.  But I believe that a level will increase the
amount of debugging info that goes into compiling.

> 4. How can I test if the encryption of a decryted DVD works correct.
> In my case, I couldn't see any output on the window.

I can't give you any support for this problem directly without knowing
more about what you are doing.  Try following the advice above and then
write back.

--Joey