[MPlayer-dev-eng] -geometry code and -vo fbdev broken

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Feb 23 18:52:25 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 06:11:26PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> the video filter stuff should convert the format and feed the VOs with slices
> of the correct format so the most common case would be yv12 slices -> rgb??
> slices -> vo, there is no speed loss, but the code is much cleaner, as the
> conversion code is kept outside of the vo code ...

So are you saying that slices can be RGB as well?  I thought I had read
in DOCS/tech/ that they are YV12 _only_.  If slices can be RGB, then I
would love to simplify my code.

> hmm, anyway, if u really want to add more hacks, then i would recommand at
> least that u simply implement a yuv2rgb() & yuv2rgb_init() which call the
> swscaler & use global variables, its the smallest change which would
> workaround the problem, rewriting the yuv2rgb hack to a swscale hack in all
> VOs is IMHO very stupid

I agree, I don't think it's the cleanest solution.  I'm trying to work
around what I thought were limitations in the vo api (only slices in
yv12...), but if I'm wrong then please recommend a good solution for me.

--Joey