[MPlayer-dev-eng] -geometry code and -vo fbdev broken

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Feb 23 19:11:16 CET 2003

Hi,

> > > (If I get around to gif hacking again this semester.)
> > the video filter stuff should convert the format and feed the VOs with slices
> > of the correct format so the most common case would be yv12 slices -> rgb??
> > slices -> vo, there is no speed loss, but the code is much cleaner, as the
> > conversion code is kept outside of the vo code ...
>
> Current slices api is yv12-only... :(

why?

actually it's partially true.
_by_default_ it's yv12 only: ie vo drivers supporting yv12 are expexted to
support slices. but they may support slices for other colorspaces too, just
set the VFCAP_ACCEPT_STRIDE flag in query_format().

maybe we should clean up this a bit, by either adding VFCAP_SLICES or
writting down that VFCAP_ACCEPT_STRIDE not only means that draw_slice()
will be called instead of draw_frame() for image blit, but it also means
that draw_slice() may eb called multiple times for slices, not only
whole-frame blits.

this is getting messy :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino