FWD:Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VIA's CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding capabilities

Amaury Jacquot sxpert at esitcom.org
Wed Feb 26 01:02:25 CET 2003

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

>Balatoni Denes said:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>Sorry, let me refine my opinion. This part means hardware scaler?
>>

>I guess no, there is no need, as video overlay can do that.  I'll ask VIA
>people anyway.
>

>>If yes than this is worth implementing for sure, and not too hard either
>>imho  - definietly worth the board they are offering, imho.
>>
>>On 2003. februбr 25. 21:52, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
>>

>>>eatures. FYI, the chip includes a hardware-accelerated
>>>slice layer decoder.
>>>

>>bye
>>Denes
>>

>I look more carefully at the MB it looks perfect for making Linux DVD
>player set (like video cassete player), as some people wanted some time
>ago (no fans & small short box, all PC gadget integrated). Well the CPU is
>weak but..

heh,
maybe you guys should try to get the PLE133 as available in the EPIA800
mobo supported. this has docs available
Last time I tried with the Vesa driver, it was fast enough to play a DVD
already.
The datasheet as I understand it talks about 2 YUV windows. (dunno what
could be done with that)

http://sxpert.esitcom.org/EPIA

Best regards

Amaury