[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre18
arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 3 19:34:57 CEST 2003
pre18 contains a lot of framework updates, esp. around video filter path and
timing info (pts/duration) handling, as discussed here mostly by me and Rich.
i think the video part is OK now (actually i didn't even plan to touch
libmpcodecs API, but it has changed a lot, at least the video stuff), it's
time for porting codecs/filters from 0.90/main/cvs. same for libvo2.
maybe i should write some docs about the mpcodecs differences (porting guide).
btw, docs... someone (Diego?:)) should spell-check DOCS/README :)
- vo_mga implemented, mga_vid added (drivers/)
- vf_vo2: 10l bug fixed at calling memcpy_pic() (causing black&white playback)
- vf_vo2: buffer allocation logic changed for 3/4 visible videoram buffers
(allocate 0P+3P or 0P+4B instead of 2P+1B or 2P+2B)
- vf core: frame-dropping implemented:
- new field 'drop' added to process_image()
- 2 new vf cap flags: VFCAP_NOTIFY_DROPPED_FRAMES, VFCAP_WANTS_DROPPED_FRAMES
- vf_process_image() controls framedropping based on these vfcap flags
- vf core: mpi changes:
- vf_get_image_cloned(), for mpi->dmpi transformation (copy attribs, etc)
- mp_image has some new fields: color_type, pts_flags/pts/duration
- new vfcap flag: VFCAP_BYPASS_IMAGE, for filters having process_image() but
actually bypassing unmodified images (only changes metadata/timing info)
- vd_libmpeg2: export pict_type, duration and handle (reorder) pts correctly.
- vd's mpcodecs_get_image() now copies duration (1.0/ds->fps) and pts from ds.
A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng