[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre18

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon May 5 19:42:24 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 06:52:01PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

> > > run mplayer's ./configure script in g2 dir, or hand-edit config.h &
> > > config.mak, they are for my system...
> >
> > OK, I'll try that. Thanks! BTW I still need to edit the source a bit
> > to make it work (disable XV, etc. :)
>
> disable xv? why?

Since I have mga_vid there's no use for slow xv, so I use xf86 3.3 (my
custom ver patched so it doesn't need perms and doesn't allocate its
own stupid vt, etc... :)

> anyway feel free to send patches :)
> ./configure and porting (#ifdefs etc) was not yet done and i'm too lazy to do
> it nowdays. first i want to finalize/stabilize the APIs.

Perfectly understandable. IMO it makes the most sense to wait to fix
stuff like this until the code is in CVS. Then the people who care
about specific issues like this (such as myself) can fix it directly.

Rich