[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre18 / Video with no sound

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 6 00:36:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > I've ported the tfields filter (it's cool!) from mplayer cvs, as it can be
> > used to test/demonstrate the framerate change done in the filter layer.
> > Also, i've ported RTC and softsleep timers, so you can now play interlaced
> > pal/ntsc dvd on monitor using -vop tfields at full fieldrate (50/60fps) :)
> >
> > Rich, what about porting your vf_detc ?
>
> I'd like to once I get G2 working, but I need to think a bit about how

:)

> to correctly replace timestamps when doing inverse telecine. With
> vf_detc it's probably not so bad since the filter locks onto a
> (mostly) fixed pattern, but with vf_ivtc, copy/drop/merge decision is
> made dynamically at each frame, so I need to figure out a good way to
> assign timestamps that will match (at least closely) with the proper
> 24 fps timestamps. I was working on it a few days ago, but my brain
> kept making 10l mistakes in the calculations because I was tired. I'll
> see if I can come up with something good soon. BTW, vf_telecine would
> be easy to port if you care. :)

I'm interested in your inverse telecine filter (sorry probably i wrote it
wrong, it's vf_ivtc not vf_detc... btw these filter names are getting
very cryptics nowdays), the one which reads 5 frames and outputs 4, with
different timings.

I'll probably write a filter which does the same as current inv-telecine
hack of mplayer, which handles the mpeg flags (detects 24fps-coded but
29.97fps-in-header media), should be very easy.

Btw, you need to mess with duration, not with timestamps!
Just drop timestamp for all frames you alter, it's used only for A-V
_correction_ (fixing A-V in broken streams), and anyway most DVDs have
only one timestamp for each GOP, ie. only for I frames.

Also, altering duration is much easier than playing with timestamps, and for
containers having duration or fixed fps, it's preferred by timing code over
pts. Look at ported vf_tfields for sample.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team