[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Animatrix and -delay workaround

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 6 01:55:34 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Corey Hickey wrote:
>
> > When using -ao pcm, mplayer reports that
> > `-vc null -vo null' will result in the fastest dumping, but using
> > `-vc dummy' is much much faster for me (the "dummy" video codec doesn't
> > exist). Ogmtools readme suggests `-vc dummy -vo null -hardframedrop',
> > but I can't see any difference between this and simply `-vc dummy'. At
> > this point, I suspect disk I/O is the bottleneck anyway.
>
> I commited a change to the hint message to ao_pcm.c just now in both the
> main and 0_90 tree. So there should be less "dumping is slow" messages
> to mplayer-users in the future. :-)

yep, now there will be 'Too many video packets' messages, which is even
worse because it make sit impossible to dump audio from sterams longer than
8MB (buffer limit in demuxer). congrats for such a cool change, in both 0_90
(where no cvs-backup) and main... and happy drinkin' your 1000l

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team