[MPlayer-dev-eng] aspect ratio: container vs vd_ffmpeg

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue May 6 14:09:54 CEST 2003

Hi.

While implementing aspect ratio support for the Matroska demuxer I
noticed that vd_ffmpeg.c overrides sh_v->aspect with whatever is stored
in the MPEG4 stream - even if there is NO special AR stored:

[ffmpeg] aspect_ratio: 0.000000

This way aspect ratio settings from the container will never be taken
into account. Wouldn't it be better only to override sh_v->aspect if the
aspect ratio stored in the MPEG4 stream is != 0.0 ? Someone (Rich? I
think I remember you working on that code) obviously already thought
about it but uncommented that if:

//    if(ctx->last_aspect>=0.01 && ctx->last_aspect<100)
          sh->aspect = ctx->last_aspect;

(in libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c, line 349)

If I remove those comments then at least the container AR is taken into
account correctly, but I don't have any test files which have AR info
stored in the MPEG4 stream, so I cannot test those.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)