[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre18 / Video with no sound

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed May 7 06:35:37 CEST 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 05:11:49PM -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> That's only a small part of the problem. The bigger problem is that
> libdvdnav sucks and can't interface with mplayer's cache/stream layer.
> So, when using dvdnav, you have to do silly hacks to go around the
> nice architecture, and if your drive has choppy performance and needs
> -cache, you're out of luck.
>
> The solution is of course to make native dvd navigation code, or port
> libdvdnav to mplayer's architecture.

Have you discussed porting libdvdnav to mplayer and then sending a patch
to the libdvdnav people?  I have not looked at dvdnav api at all, but
is there just a new interface you can add to dvdnav or would it have to
be fundamentally rewritten to work with mplayer?

I'm also in support of creating dvd navigation support natively in
mplayer.  Is anyone already working on such a thing?

--Joey