[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre18 / Video with no sound

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed May 7 13:56:24 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I'd like to chime in with a request :) You said that libdvdnav cannot be
> integrated properly because current mplayer structure does not allow for
> still images and overlay pictures (?) for menu selections and such
> stuff. As G2 will have a new concept I'd like to see DVD navigation
> support considered. I know a lot of you (including me) never use DVD
> menus, but sometimes (e.g. LotR) I'd like to have menus with my fav
> player :)

Yes, I want to solve the problems of g1 keeping dvdnav away, but it is
not at top priority. At least still images will be possible (i'm working
on more accurate frame timing now) and with new osd layer putting/modifying
overlay pictures/menus should be easy.

Anyway i still have no idea about the UI-dvdnav connetcion, nor the cache2
problem.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team