[MPlayer-dev-eng] Spanish translation of documentation

Dmitry Baryshkov lumag at qnc.ru
Wed May 7 20:00:35 CEST 2003

Hello!
At 07.05.2003, 17:47, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 02:11:13PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > > Juan Martin writes:
> > >  > I'm Juan Martin and go to translate the DOCS to spanish language as well
> > >  > the manpage of MPlayer.
> > >
> > > You should start by translating the 0_90 branch so we can have a
> > > Spanish translation with our next release.  Most important is the man
> > > page, translate that first if you can.
BTW. What there is a  question, that wasn't discussed enough: maybe
switch to manpage, generated from XML/SGML? There are at least three
ways to do such conversions:
1) xmltoman
2) docbook-to-man. I havn't used them before, but Suppose
  xmltoman suits good for MPlayer needs (It can generate HTML output
 too). docbook-to-man isn't so good. It's manpage even recommends to
 switch to
3) xsltproc + nwalsh stylesheets :)

> > shouldn't new translaters go for the xml version instead of the html?
>
> Hmm, good point.  Yes, I think we want to switch to XML completely soon and
> Russian is already only available as XML.  So go for XML Juan and if you
> want to, translate 0_90 later on.
Related question: Maybe generated from XML docs (Russian & Spanish),
when they are finished, can go with next releases from 0_90 branch?

Dmitry Baryshkov <lumag at qnc.ru>