[MPlayer-dev-eng] ARCH_POWERPC vs ARCH_PPC

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Mon May 19 15:45:37 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Big fun: Has anyone used Altivec at all?
I bet everything works right out of the box for Darwin users... =)

The newly synced libmpeg2 directory will use Altivec if present
only if ARCH_PPC is defined. libavcodec (ffmpeg) will use Altivec
if present only if ARCH_POWERPC is defined.

config.h on my box sets ARCH_POWERPC.
The specs-file used by my gcc sets _ARCH_PPC.
ARCH_PPC remains unset, and I need -framedrop with my DVD:s...

So, I would like to modify libmpeg to use ARCH_POWERPC instead
of ARCH_PPC. Or is it better to change libavcodec + configure?

I run GNU/Linux (gentoo) and use gcc-3.2.2

/ magnus