[MPlayer-dev-eng] Interfacing with MPlayer

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu May 22 22:54:56 CEST 2003

 --- Fabian Franz <FabianFranz at gmx.de> a écrit : > Am Donnerstag, 22.
Mai 2003 22:07 schrieb shane bradley:
> > I am writing a java application for mplayer. Most people are saying
> why use
> > java....I am doing this has a grad project of sorts. I use Mplayer
> as an
> > engine of sorts.
> >
> > My question are this:
> > 1)  I use slave mode to interface with mplayer(props to mplayer for
> that),
> > I can run the commands that I need with that. The only problem is
> how do I
> > retrieve the current time and total length of file. I am reading
> standard
> > in, is there some way to pipe just the time out?
> > 2) Also is there a way to get the info of a song, such as Artist,
> > Genre...etc. with Mplayer?
> > 3) Another thing, is there a way to start Mplayer without the info
> that
> > comes up every time you start the app?

There was no answer to his question on mplayer-users, then I gave him
the advice to post on dev-eng, since he is writing an app...

> That are imho user-questions that belong to mplayer-users not to
> dev-eng.
>
> Read the man page ? Tried -quiet or similar ?

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.