[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90.1 ???

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri May 23 02:11:35 CEST 2003

Arpi writes:
 > > > I guess we should release some bugfix release of 0.90 soon...
 > > [...]
 > > >
 > > > Maybe it could be 0.91pre, and after few weeks of testing pre2 or
 > > > 0.91final
 > > I agree with this plan. Backporting new stuff to 0_90 is a lot of work,
 > > and IMHO doesn't worth the effort.
 >
 > After quick reading that 4MB ~170.000 lines patch i tend to agree :)

I think there are some low hanging fruit that could easily be
incorporated into a release off the 0_90 branch.  New filters,
Matroska and MinGW come to mind, there's probably some more stuff that
should not be too hard to port.

 > > at the moment, so i think that mantaining three versions (0_90, CVS and
 > > soon G2) is an overkill.
 >
 > agree
 > we have no resources to maintain 0_90 any more.
 > we don't even have enough resources to maintain main and g2...

Maybe we have to rethink the maintainer process.  I think our biggest
problem atm is dropping patches.

Come on guys, a review a day keeps the doctor away ;-)

Please check all those patches and send comments or commit them!

Diego