[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: mingw network patch, again

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon May 26 20:51:28 CEST 2003

> Sascha Sommer wrote:
> > Here is the updated patch
>
> It's still full of ^M characters ;-)
>
> Please just don't forget to rip them out before committing, thanks.

If I patch my local sources it does --strip-trailing-cr automatically...

> >>+#ifdef __MINGW32__
> >>+typedef long ssize_t;
> >>+#endif
>
> Hmm, this is repeated in several places, that's ugly IMHO.  Can't we
> just convince the MinGW folks to define it in a system header or define
> it ourselves globally?

Agree.
I already wrote a mail.
They came to the conclusion that ssize_t should be defined by the compiler,
but the one responsible for mingw's gcc didn't answer, yet.
If they don't include it, we have to define it global. But where?
The only file that gets included nearly everywhere is config.h
Or do we need a new header os_support.h?

Sascha