[MPlayer-dev-eng] vop scale and yuy2

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu May 29 20:31:53 CEST 2003

A few people lately had problems with vo directx and yuy2 output.
The problem seems to be that some cards support YUY2 and RGB/BGR overlay.
Therefore I return VFCAP_CSP_SUPPORTED_BY_HW for both of them.
Vop scale however will always use the RGB/BGR formats first, because they
are in front of
the yuv formats in outfmt_list. Is YV12 -> RGB conversion faster than
YV12 -> YUY2?
Otherwise I would propose to reorder outfmt_list so that the yuv formats are
used before
the rgb formats or would it be better to handle this in vo directx itself?

Sascha